Monday, February 19, 2007

The Painted Bride

I remember someone saying that you always get what you pay for when it comes to paint brushes. And alas! You can always touch the quality in your hand as its soft bristles, connected with inflexible strength to its reassuring handle, tickle your cheek. This tool is crucial and can make you a better artist. Paint acts differently and responds to the expensive brush as if to say, “I will submit to quality like the most materialistic bride.”

Quality costs money and almost no one is willing to give one without the other. If I were a business owner I would not want to either. But I am not, I am the quality seeking, spoiled customer who thinks she deserves better for no good reason really.

Today we went to talk to the music vendor for our wedding and I was very pleased with the meeting, they seemed to have a feel for what our style was, and what it was not. But the price is too much.

I just dont know what to do anymore, I should lower my standards and settle for something I know wont make a good painting, because I dont want to pay. But I am slowly becoming a victim of the New York wedding machine, it is pounding its forceful fist against me and repeating to me that what is beautiful and good is truth and is what I need.

But maybe its more about the painter than the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment