Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Romantically Restrained

As I continue on this wedding journey I try my hardest not to be irrational. Not to get carried away with lace and petals. And not to allow the dollar signs to cascade around me like large fluffy snowflakes as I spin in place with my face to the sky and tongue out to taste them. There are so many opportunities to get carried away and lose sight of whats important. But in my staunch rejection of flourishes of all kinds, ironically, I have lost sight of whats important anyway.

I have not let myself be excited because I am pretending to be too sensible for that.

I went to a wedding this weekend and was reminded of what matters in the few hours that we set aside to publicly celebrate our love. I remembered what should be enjoyed.

I love the unexpected conversation circles of friends and family that emerge and once you accept them, they are not stressful, they are what your life is made of. I love the exuberant life of the dance floor and the sparkling looks that are exchanged as the group undulates in all sorts of funny and surprising ways. I love the reflection that the ceremony brings out in almost everyone, the emergence of quivering tears of happiness.

and the truth is I LOVE BEAUTIFUL DELICATE FRENCH ALENCON LACE and I LOVE THE ROMANTIC SADNESS OF A FULLY BLOSSOMED PALE PINK PEONY and most of all I LOVE MY JOE WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE.

There. I feel better already.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, and KISSES TOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment