Monday, July 9, 2007

Most Things

On the Subway the other day I was looking around and wondering what people did, for a living and otherwise. I often do this and assign things to people that I think that they look like they might do. I guess its stereotyping, but I keep quiet about it, so its never too malicious and I try to think out of the box.

The train stopped short and people went sloshing around for a few seconds and as I was engulfed by this wave of perceived and hidden diversity around me, I had a thought. I think that most people can do most things, its just a question of wanting to, or not.

This feeling soothed me, because it made me think that what I want is in my grasp and not as insurmountable as it seems.

And I love this quote: “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.”-Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment