Sunday, January 20, 2008

We Have Been Shot

{I am so sick of looking at myself in that dress, in those terrible pictures}, I said to a friend on Friday afternoon.

Then that evening we learned that I probably would never see those wedding pictures again. The company that we hired to take our wedding photographs was involved in a several year long scam, taking peoples money and not producing photos or the albums that they promised.

We called the phone number of the company and it was disconnected, then we called the photographer (who we always got a creepy feeling from) and he was trying to build a scam on top of the scam, trying to get money from us to fix his supposedly broken harddrive where our wedding pictures lived, but then offering to give us the pictures for free, how sweet.

We had seen the wedding pictures online a few months ago and we pretty much hated them. If I had a lot more money we would have hired a better company, but I was so beat by the whole wedding process and the fact the the florist could not get me peonies that I just thought these people would do.

To make ourselves feel better after this debacle we took our gift certificate to Lumas, a photography gallery, and went down to Soho and bought the most beautiful piece in there. It is a circular print, that is in a circular mat and is a sepia toned landscape that just took our breath away as the bubble wrap was peeled away from it.

We carried it down the street together and we felt a little less broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment