Thursday, December 7, 2006

Intelligent Design

The time has come for me to write my Graduate School admissions essay. I have been talking about it, jotting some ideas down and thinking about it incessantly.

Good words have yet to be written though.

I have been trying to figure out the perfect amount of information about my graphic design past to include in the essay to the Biological Anthropologists of my future (hopefully).

I like when essays have an overarching theme and they are not just laundry lists of accomplishments with a flourish on the beginning and end. But for graduate school, are themes appropriate? I was thinking of a large and complex analogy of my life and goals to some statistical analyses that I have learned about, that'll show em!

Although, I was tactlessly warned that I dont want to come off as a “flaky artist” in my essay. But another friend thinks that my design background can be used as a unique quality and a strength, and so did the girl sitting next to me at jury duty. A few people have told me not to bring up anything that will hurt me, which is probably a graceful way of telling me to omit my design life.

I am sure that this essay is not the time to be shamelessly honest, but I think I might have to be, so my pursuit and achievement, or rejection, is something I can call my own and is the closest thing to truth that I know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment