Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Silly String Theory

This evening I walked along 14th street with my ipod on playing songs of quiet desperation that echoed my mood almost perfectly. Strangers were bumping into me all around with their shopping bags and post Christmas return to insensitivity. It was cold, I had a hat on and my hair was blowing all over the place.

I walked by a bunch of punk runt kids leaning on some scafolding. I looked back at them after I heard something hit me. They were all looking at me and laughing, they sprayed pink puffy cold silly string all over the back of my hair.

I laugh/cried the whole way to my destination as I fished it out of my hair hoping no one was looking at me. Then Joe called and told me that the destination had changed and I had to walk another 8 blocks in another direction. I was hungry and tired and when I got to where I was going, no one needed my help like I thought that they would.

Another reason to never leave the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment