Thursday, August 17, 2006

Science Speak

The real reason why I was feeling sour today is because last night I wrote an email to a person who is a very respected scientist in the field of biological anthropology. In my email I wanted to express my enthusiasm for a particular course I am interested in taking, but hardly qualified. So I did, but I fear the words I used were too sincere and informal and not how scientists converse.

I have not gotten a response to my email yet so my inexperienced eagerness is suspended in mid air but time has stopped and I don't know if it will careen into the gorge when time resumes, or it will float like a dandelion seed. I will know when I hear back.

1 comment:

  1. Julia, WTF is his deal? have you heard from him yet? Ask him if he got your e-mail. This infuriates me!

    ReplyDelete