Wednesday, May 2, 2007

• Gladly Mistaken •

• Mistakes are the absolute best way to learn something. There just is no substitute. I often feel so humiliated when I do something wrong, that I never forget it and never do it again. When I was first learning in the lab I would make a mistake and I would want to tattoo the correct answer on my arm in repentance, but I realize now that it is really tattooed in my head.

“Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.”
-Mary Tyler Moore •

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I need to remember this.

    Usually when I make a mistake, I just want to run away, I want to leave whatever that situation is so that I won't have to see those people I embarrassed myself in front of again.

    ReplyDelete