Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Time cools, time clarifies

Time has really become one of my most favorite concepts, I suppose it is because of my interest in evolution-change over time. But I think its also because it only goes in one direction and then traps events in a fast cooling amber and stores them away in a dusty inaccesable drawer only in your mind. Also, I love when time is the secret ingredient in something as in: wine, cheese, roasted chicken, wounds healing, seasons changing, getting over it, progress etc.

The other day I started to think about how days are so over after they end, how they cant be changed after they are done. Then I started to get anxious thinking about this. The way you get anxious when thinking about how this plane you are on could crash any minute. So I concluded that I should probably just not think about this too much, because its just all too much. So I let this feeling of anxiety pass and I was thankful that it did.

“Time cools, time clarifies; no mood can be maintained quite unaltered through the course of hours.“
-Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. as I reach my 1 year wedding anniversary this coming weekend, I think about how it was a year ago we exchanged vows and drank wine and had the most memorable day of our lives. one year. wow. It doesnt seem like that long ago.

    but a year is only 365 days.

    It does seem like that day happened 365 days ago, but not a year ago.

    ReplyDelete