Friday, October 6, 2006

Localized Epiphany

I had an epiphany yesterday, and I owe it all to the local bus. If I had taken the limited I dont think I would have had enough time to really work things out in my head as I did on the slow boat to Australia that is the local.

I felt a calm wash over me and for a moment I was existing inside that old Country Time lemonade commercial that I loved so much. Riding some old bicycle, with a basket, down a winding path in the sunshine with the comforting voice over “take the long way home.”

The scenario for the the next few years worked itself out in my head perfectly as I stared through and beyond the opulent buildings on 5th avenue. Like a successful game of tetris the pieces fit together perfectly, some even unexpectedly well, flashing with success.

I am not foolish enough to think that I have it all figured out, but I feel a lot better about the next few years. I thanked the bus driver when I got off.

No comments:

Post a Comment