Sunday, October 8, 2006

Secret Symbiosis

I love those situations where Person A thinks they are helping Person B, but Person B thinks it is the reverse. Are both being helped then? or are both helping because they think they are? is helping defined by the helper or the helpee, or both?

----------

Person A: “I think just hearing about my problems really helped her because she was able to put things in better perspective and realize that she is not the only one.”

Person B: “I think just letting her talk out her problems was really helpful to her, even though at times I wasnt fully listening.”

----------

Person A: “We invited him over for dinner so he could have a chance to get out of the house and see some people, its good for him.”

Person B: “I only went to the party so they wouldnt feel like no one cared about their party.”

----------

and the list goes on...beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment