Sunday, June 18, 2006

moveable feast

Dim Sum may be too frenetic for my taste, and too salty for 11:00 A.M.

It was not my first time eating Dim Sum. But the first time I rolled my opinion up in dough, dropped it in the fryer and served it on a small dish.

It was fathers day and I was spending it with a beaming proud new father, who is also a Dim Sum connoisseur, so that made the whole experience worth it, even though there was no coffee and by the end I was a limp and boring zombie.

The rolling carts pass by laden with fried, steamed or boiled bite-sized baubles, this swiftly extinguishes any illusion that there is a dish prepared specially for you.

We sampled and munched and like the life span of a precious and friendly pet goldfish...it was over much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment