Thursday, June 1, 2006

life dunk

I was thinking about language immersion methods today and how it must be a great way to learn a new language. some people would even say that it is the best way to do it. i never learned any French in my highschool class, we were too busy with Sister Mary Alice focused hijinks and pranks.

In a language immersion program there is an element of being trapped, you have no way out unless you learn.

But then I thought that maybe I need an immersion method into life. I tend to crawl into comfortable spaces and stay there too long. I have things I should be doing and places to go, Grad school etc. and I just need to get moving. I need to be trapped somewhere difficult for me and then I will be forced to grow... because its probably the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment