Monday, July 10, 2006

100th Anniversary

This is the 100th entry on my blog, so I thought it would be a perfect time to mention a few words about my life as a blogger.

When I started blogging, just a few short months ago, I had no idea what specifically I was going to write about on my blog, and I still have no idea. But the experience of blogging every day has proved to be so much fun and so relaxing for me.

If I know that I am going to write a blog post at the end of the day, it forces me wrap each day up in a poetic or cynical bundle of observations. Each day has a different voice to me. Blogging helps me appreciate things and bring my thoughts into focus.

My older, wiser and much more literary minded brother mentioned the other day that it is important to have an audience when you write. So that is why writing to yourself in a journal does not have the same impact and clarity as a blog can. This, like a staggering amount of things that he says, made a lot of sense.

Now if you will excuse me for a moment I am going to feed the fire of my narcissism and tell you a few of my favorite entries so far: Ribbons of Light, Garden Song and The Man Who Saw A Million Pizzas.

So, thank you for reading, I hope you are enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment