Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Old Friends Sat on Their Park Bench Like Bookends

We spoke about people who steal energy away from you like a thief in the night. Slowly and clandestinely weakening the architecture of your being. You speak to them, probably smiling without your eyes.

As we get older we realize that our time is too precious to interact with people who require too much energy.

But isn’t it always a rare and exotic treat to find people who actually energize you.

Tonight I had dinner with some old and wonderful friends who no matter how time changes our situations or perpectives we always respect and cherish each other on a deep and unpretentious level.

They have a refreshing faith in me that I dont have the strength to carry with me every day, but if I did I would do all the things I wanted to do with unwavering confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment