Monday, July 10, 2006

The Lesson of Leo

I saw a woman reading a book by Leo Tolstoy on the subway the other day and it reminded me about yet another author who I dont know enough about.

So I have decided to do a little research about his life and then read a book by him. It will be Anna Karenina, which has been referred to as "The Best Love Story Ever Written" and I think War and Peace is just too heavy for the summer.

I found this quote of his below that I liked very much and thought I would share it.

"If I were told that what I shall write will be read in twenty years by the children of today and that they will weep and smile over it and will fall in love with life, I would devote all my life and strengths to it."

Please share any thoughts on Leo or his works that you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment